SAVE THE DATE!
Handi Quilter Educator, Wayna Kershner is coming to Middlebury! The following classes will be taught in the Essenhaus Convention Center:
Friday, August 17
3 Hour Morning Class-Stand-up Longarm Machine Quilting Basics
3 Hour Afternoon Class-Ruler Essentials
Saturday, August 18
3 Hour Morning Class-Introduction to Pro-Stitcher – Part 1
3 Hour Afternoon Class-Introduction to Pro-Stitcher – Part 2
Registration fee for each class is $50. If you sign up for both morning & afternoon class in one day, a box lunch is provided from the Essenhaus restaurant, between classes.
To register for classes, you can fill out the Contact Us form or give us a call at: 800-455-9471 x 300.
Friday Morning - STAND-UP LONGARM MACHINE QUILTING BASICS
Does longarm quilting interest you, and you’d like to learn more about it? Or do you just want a review of longarm basics? This class removes the mystery of longarm quilting by explaining machine and frame elements and features, how to load a quilt, and vital facts about thread, needles and tension. Handi Quilter longarm and frame systems come in various sizes for every budget, are userfriendly because they are designed by a quilter, for quilters – just like you!
• Basic machine and frame elements and features
• Bobbins, tension, needles, and thread
• How to load a quilt onto a frame
• Quilting with Groovy Boards and pantographs
• Rulers, Micro Handles, and basic free motion
Friday afternoon - RULER ESSENTIALS
If you love precision and consistency in your quilting designs, you will love using design rulers and templates! These handy tools assist in placing designs accurately and stitching them out precisely. Learn to handle rulers and templates safely with the ruler base and Sure Foot, and how to achieve accuracy with the markings. The wide variety of Handi Quilter rulers will inspire you to new design heights.
• Handle rulers safely
• Understand and use ruler markings for precision and accuracy
• Use piecing lines and marking tools to build ruler design confidence
• Versa tool quilting: stitch-in-the-ditch, cross-hatch, piano keys, clamshells, and arcs
• Apply binding with the HQ VersaTool®
Saturday Morning - INTRODUCTION TO THE HQ PRO-STITCHER Part 1
HQ Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with an HQ Pro-Stitcher. New owners – start here!
• Overview of support resources available on-line
• Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
• Drop a block design using Skew and Resize, XForm and Align
• Demonstration of the HQ Pro-Stitcher Simulator
• Overview of Art & Stitch
Saturday Morning - INTRODUCTION TO THE HQ PRO-STITCHER Part 2 – Let’s Quilt
This class moves beginners from overview to quilting applications. This class of quilting applications is an extension of Part 1 and addresses specific functions and basic techniques a quilter will use on a regular basis to finish quilts with the HQ Pro-Stitcher. Tips and shortcuts for using features of the program are included.
• What’s the difference between Reposition, Nudge and Drag and Drop
• The many ways to describe an Area on your quilt
• Using Skew 1 vs Skew 2
• Set up, crop, wrap and advance edge-to-edge designs
• Quilt straight lines the easy way with Move and Channel Locks